Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W = WITCH



Witches have always fascinated me. I know the dictionary says they are women thought to have evil magic powers. I agree with the magic powers, but I'm not convinced they were evil women. We always think of them as wearing a black cloak, a pointed hat, and as the first pictures shows they fly on a broomstick. In the second picture it gives me, a writer, a chance to let my imagination run wild. Usually at Halloween my costume of choice has usually been a witch. I still like to dress up and pretend.

One of my favorite places that I visted on a vacation was at Salem where I strolled the halls of the witches museum. When I returned home I told my three red-headed granddaughters that if they had lived in Salen during 1692 they would have been considered a witch.

Salem Witch Museum

A few years later I was in Colonial Williamsburg, VA and sat on the jury for the witch trial. If you have never been to Salem or Williamsburg and are curious about the witches you should visit these two places.

2 comments:

M Pax said...

They're both great places. Nice bumping into you :)

My word verification says sucky. Blogger is swearing at me. lol

nutschell said...

Sounds like an interesting place to visit. I've actually always wanted to go.
Great meeting you through the A-Z :)
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com