Saturday, April 2, 2011

Brain

This A – Z challenge isn’t so easy. It’s only the second day and I’m already having trouble. The only thing that is coming to my mind right now that starts with a B is brain. Maybe it’s because this has been on my mind a lot.

About the time my husband started getting really sick; my son was diagnosed with a slow growing brain tumor that was activated by a car accident last August. He had surgery and had it removed in November. The things I’ve seen him struggle with are amazing. (Wow, that’s the word I used yesterday.

My son’s occupation is computer programmer. The first problem he noticed after surgery was he had trouble with number sequences. Next he had problems with multitasking. I can’t even imagine what life would be like if I wasn’t able to do more than one thing at a time. He hasn’t let either of these difficulties stop him. I can’t believe the strength he has to take everything one step at a time. The great thing is he is doing it. He is going forward with each obstacle that comes his way. His determination is great. The exercises they give him in therapy are difficult and some of them I can’t do. He has become a strong man because of all these challenges. Yes, he has changed, but it is for his good.

3 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

I'm so glad your son is recovering!

Connie, you've been in my heart and prayers these last couple of weeks. Love you.

Joanne said...

God Bless Yur son! What a beautiful spirit he must have!!! Blessings, Joanne

Rachelle Christensen said...

Thinking of you. Glad to hear he's doing well and working so hard.