Friday, March 5, 2010

My Son John



Not long ago I won a book, My Son, John - written by Kathi Macias. I finished it last night, and it was a quick read. I would recommend it to anyone that is struggling with a family member who has not always followed the path you would like.

When Liz Peterson’s mother is beaten to death in her home, Liz and her husband, Charles, struggle to make sense of the attack. The police arrest their son John for his grandmother’s murder. Their Christian faith is tested, and stretched to its limits. Can God’s grace bring healing to a family torn apart by a brutal crime?

Kathi Macias weaves an outstanding story about the worst kind of betrayal a mother can ever experience. This is a beautiful story about forgiveness and an unconditional love that surpasses understanding. Most readers will experience a roller coaster ride with their emotions of love, grief, mercy, doubt and faith as this family’s world is turned upside down.

3 comments:

Kathi Macias said...

Thank you so much, Connie, for the great review of My Son John. Blessings to you and your readers!

ali cross said...

Whoa, this must have been a difficult book to write. Thanks for the review Connie! ♥

Cindy Beck, author said...

Sounds like an interesting book! And I always love quick reads. :) Thanks for the review.