Monday, March 8, 2010

LDS Ghost Story



I purchased the book, Haven Haunts, from the author, Joan Sowards, while I was in Arizona. It's about a young single woman, Callie Wilford, who inherits a century-old inn in southern Arizona. She doesn't believe there is a ghost although several people tell her that one guards the inn that she wants to turn into a bed and breakfast. She meets a handsome cowboy and a charming rancher, and soon finds her heart in danger.

This book captured my attention from the first page and held it until the very end. Joan has a unique way of combining the supernatural with suspense. There was plenty of mystery, and romance. Just when I thought I knew what would happen next, she did an amazing twist throwing me in a different direction. If you love a good mystery and romance this is the book for you.

2 comments:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Okay, I've got to win this book. Or buy it! Or maybe even steal it. I don't care how, I have to have it!

Well, okay, maybe stealing is out, but otherwise ... :)

Joan Sowards said...

Thank you for reading Haunts Haven and giving it a great review! It was fun meeting you at the ANWA conference.