Saturday, March 6, 2010

ANWA Writers Conference



Last Saturday, in Mesa, Arizona, the keynote address, "What's Holding You Back?" given by J. Scott Savage. If I had only attended this one hour presentation, my trip there was worthwhile. I liked the idea that he focused on the positive as he told us to get rid of the I can't in our life, and to not compare ourself to others.

J. Scott Savage also gave a class presentation about getting an agent. I also enjoyed a presentation by Pamela Goodfellow who told us that a rejection is just a redirection. She challenge us all to convey to our reader what we mean. Another presentation I enjoyed was by Nancy Turner. She encouraged us to use all of our senses as we write. She also gave us several tips on editing our own books.

I was glad I took the time and spent the money to go to this writing conference. It was worthwhile to me.

No comments: