Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Second Day in Yellowstone


I took all the photographs I'm posting myself. With a notebook in my hand I carefully wrote the name of each place as soon as I was done snapping the pictures. If any of them are messed up, it wasn't my fault, and my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

On our second day in the National Park, we saw the Black Sand Basin geyser area.







West Thumb area





One of the fun things we did that day was cruise on Yellowstone Lake. We sailed around Stevenson Island, where a bald eagle was hanging out in a tree.


Then we saw the Lake Hotel and the Conoco roof on the general store at Fishing Bridge. (above)

Our next stop was at the LeHardys Rapids. I stood in wonder watching the water cut a path as the impressive swift water rushed by. I certainly wouldn’t want to get in its way.

I had almost forgotten how breathtaking the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone is. Even though I took lots of pictures of it and the lower and upper falls, they didn’t begin to capture the beauty I saw.

Finally we are back at Old Faithful and finally have time to sit and watch.



No comments: