My friend JoLyn Brown has asked me to post something about this for her on my blog. She is doing a book called, A Circle of Sisters. It is a collection of true stories about Relief Society women.
Every day, ordinary women who belong to the Relief Society Organization put their hands in the Lord's and go to work. These women rely on personal revelation to get them to the right place at the right time, and every day, miracles are happening. I know that you have seen these miracles in your own lives. I know they have changed you for the better.
Her goal is to create a collection of these stories. So often, we never hear about or see the good things that are happening all around us because of Relief Society sisters. Following are the guidelines.
1. Tell your story in first person. This will make it more personal. How did your experience change you for the better? Be sincere.
2. Keep your story between 500-1200 words.
3. Format using Times New Roman and 12 point font.
4. Please include a short biography, (50-80 words.)
5. Send your story and biography as a word document attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the title of your story and your name in the subject line.
Please keep in mind that she will not be able to offer any payment for your stories, but this may be a chance for you to get publishing credits which is always great.