Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shudder



I couldn't believe how quick I was able to read this book. I could not, and didn't want to put it down. Any woman who has ever suffered any type of abuse will like and relate to this book. Any woman who is in that type of situation should read this book. Maybe it will give you the courage to do what you must.

Jennie Hansen is a great story teller. This book is full of suspense and will keep you on the edge of your seat wondering what Blaine will do to Claire next. I felt sympathy for Darcey that she had to endure watching her best friend suffer so much. I was angry that Claire couldn't and wouldn't help herself until it was almost too late. I felt gratitude that my life is peaceful and not so full of trials.

If you are one of those lonely, isolated women who witnesses bruises, broken bones, and are fearful of someone hurting you, I encourage you to read this book. I'm sure it will give you hope and maybe the courage to improve your situation.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The image on the book terrifies me. Only because a man who tried to hurt me held my face like that so I wouldn't scream. (Still grateful to this day that he did not succeed.)