Thursday, May 17, 2012

Daisy – The Newport Ladies Book Club by Josi S. Kilpack



This is one of four stand-alone books, by four different authors. You will be able to participate in a virtual book club that features recommendations and discussion guides.


The back cover says - Motherhood is not for the faint of heart. And no one knows that better than Daisy. Raising two kids as a divorced, single mom, Daisy has faced each and every one of the obstacles in her life with courage and determination.

Now with her oldest daughter ready to have a baby of her own, her youngest daughter ready to graduate from high school, and her new husband, Paul ready to embrace the life of an empty-nester, Daisy feels like she might finally be able to check motherhood off her list of things to do.

Except life often has a mind of its own. When, at the age of forty-six, Daisy suddenly finds herself facing a very different future than the one she had planned, and an uncomfortable evaluation of the past she thought she understood, she realizes that there is still some growing up she needs to do.

Looking for a distraction to escape the growing tension at home, Daisy joins the Newport Ladies Book Club, where she meets Paige, Athena, and Olivia – unlikely friends who offer encouragement and support when Daisy’s perfectly crafted life is turned upside-down.

Now for my review - This is a book that everyone should read just for fun even if you didn’t read Olivia. Of course, if you didn’t you will want to get it and read because it's a good book. No, you don’t have to read it to know what is going on in this book, but you probably will want to keep up with what is going on in all the women’s lives. They will become your best friends and you will want to know what each of them is doing.

Daisy is entertaining, and has many twists and turns. Just as you think you know what is going to happen to Daisy something new transpires. Her life is a roller coaster and surprises are around every corner. Believe me when I say that when you are positive you have the plot figured out, things will change. The ending was not what I expected. Daisy is an amazing character and a friend indeed. You really won’t want to miss this second book in the Newport Ladies Book Club series. I cried, I laughed. I even got angry with Daisy, as well as her children and mother. They were all real to me and many times they each deserved a good scolding.

The next book in the series, Paige will be out this coming August. I can hardly wait to read it because I know that Annette Lyon will have an endearing character for us to read about. I already like Paige because of her encounters with Olivia and Daisy. What a great group of ladies they have turned out to be. If I didn’t already belong to a book club I would organize one right away.






3 comments:

Leslie said...

It sounds like a great book! I've read most of Josi Kilpack's other books and I'm looking forward to this one.

kbrebes said...

You made me want to read it--Thanks, Connie!

Renae Weight Mackley said...

I'm looking forward to reading this. Thanks for the review.