Friday, June 6, 2008

Why Am I Here?

The plan was for me to leave heaven and come to earth. Did I want to come? Yes, I anticipated the time when I could leave the spirit world to come to earth and have a body. I learned that I could discover through personal experience the lessons that would bring me happiness here on earth, and lead me to exaltation and eternal life.

Of course, it wasn’t supposed to be easy. Challenges were sure to come because of the evil influences that would be on the earth. It didn’t matter to me I was excited to begin a new adventure.

Lucky me, I started out in the best place. I was born to parents that married in the temple. They loved me and taught me about the true church on earth, and the reason why I was here and what I needed to do to return to live with my Father in Heaven again. I learned to seek Him in prayer because He would give me comfort, peace, and guide me in my decisions. Sometimes I’m dumb and don’t always consult Him in all I do.

With my prior memory erased, I have to live by faith, but I still make mistakes unless I listen to the still small voice, or His appointed prophets. They teach me about finding the joy that comes through doing the will of my Heavenly Father.

I know that it is not enough to believe in Jesus Christ. I must work and learn, search and pray, repent and improve, know His laws and live them. If I do these things, I will find peace, happiness, and everlasting life. This is the purpose of life. It is His plan.

1 comment:

Cindy Beck, author said...

Connie,
Enjoyed reading this, and feeling the testimony from your spirit to mine.

Thanks for posting it.