Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Jump


Last week I blogged about my friend, Jill Vanderwood, and her Leap for Literacy, on Saturday, September 12. Yes, I was there. She didn’t just skydive from 12,500 feet – it was 13,000 feet. Below are some of the pictures I took of her before and after the jump, and some pictures from the video while she was in the air.










before boarding plane

On the plane

Flying through the air











At the end
This was a fun day and it's hard to believe I could watch something so spetacular. My husband bought me my birthday present early - a pair of binoculars - and watching it like that was unbelievable. Never had I seen people flying through the air before. Without the binoculars it would have just been little specks. They made the entire thing come alive for me.

1 comment:

Cheri Chesley said...

I'm so thrilled for Jill! She's a member of my LUW chapter (of course I barely make meetings) but she's just fantastic!